I AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE:
TO GIVE BLESSING FOR FAITHFULNESS (part 2)
* 1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
* Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings….
God calls us to be faithful in four major areas:
I. God Calls Us to Be Faithful in His Word
II. God Calls Us to Be Faithful in Our Worship
* Hebrews 10:25 says, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
* Psalm 29:2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
* Psalm 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
* Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
The new trend in the world is that we can worship wherever we want. This is true, but we must not miss the role of the church. Jesus Christ died for the church. The local church is the heart of Jesus Christ. Hebrews 10:25 talks about church attendance, but even more than that, it talks about faithfulness. Without even saying the word faithfulness, this verse exemplifies this important truth. The writer says that we should be found assembling together as we see the end drawing near. There is no doubt that Jesus could return at any moment. Will you be found faithful in God’s house? Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Jesus returned on a Sunday. How many people would have a lot of explaining to do if they showed up to Heaven in a football jersey, a hunting outfit, or their golf clubs hanging on their shoulder, or their beach clothes on? This is not biblical, but it can be very thought-provoking.
Worship does not just to take place in God’s house. It should take place every day in our lives. If we are faithful to worship in God‘s house, God is able to bless us for it.