December 01, 2018

I AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE:

TO GIVE BLESSING FOR FAITHFULNESS (part 1)

* 1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

* Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings….

Some people believe that faithfulness has died in our culture. Faithfulness has not died; it has been misplaced. Every single person on this earth is faithful to something. The problem with our faithfulness is the object of our faithfulness. The unsaved person of this world has no problem being faithful to his favorite football team on Sunday. The unsaved person of this world has no problem being faithful to his drinking buddies or his sinful addiction. The unsaved people are not the problem with misplaced faithfulness; Christians are the problem. You and I would expect a non-believer to miss church on Sunday for recreational activities . I do not “expect” that from someone who has been purchased with the blood of Christ. I fully expect an unsaved person to be addicted to drugs or lustful thoughts. I do not “expect” a Christian to when he has the Holy Spirit living inside him to give him victory over Satan.

USA Today introduced a statistic that says 72% of people who claim “God, a higher or supreme being, exists,” do not attend church even on holidays. This leaves an anemic 28% of people who claim God to attend a local church on any Sunday. Where has our faithfulness gone? How can we expect the non-believers to be knocking down the doors to the church if Christians aren’t?To what are you faithful?

God calls us to be faithful in four major areas:

I. God Calls Us to Be Faithful in His Word
-Psalm 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
-Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
-list in concordance of psalm 119

LifeWay Research released a statistic that declares that only 19% of churchgoers read their Bibles every day. Only one out of every five Christians reads his Bible. I would dare say that if we asked the people who sit in our pews we would be surprised as well. Sometimes I wonder how many problems and pitfalls Christians could avoid if they would simply read their Bible. This is the most basic of all Christian principles, yet Christians have misplaced their faithfulness on other material and worldly objects.
If we would pick up God’s Word and dig into what He has for us, we would be hooked. When God’s Word truly becomes a “lamp to our feet, and a light to our path,” we will become faithful to it. God knows that His Word will help us but only if we commit to being faithful to it.