I AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE:
TO CREATE BREATH
Jeremiah 1:4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
In this verse, God claims and clarifies a few things. God’s Word always does that. Every answer is in there. Anyone that claims anything different is foolish. Do yourself a favor and do not listen to them. Do yourself a bigger favor and stay away from them. God gives a reminder here to Jeremiah:
“I FORMED THEE”
Here, God claims creation. God did not just say “made“, he said “formed”. That is more specific. I love working with Wood. Now I will make it clear, I am not experienced or accomplished at it. I simply do not have many tools, and I’ve never really been taught, but I love to figure things out for myself. I have done many small projects over the years. They are functional and do what I needed them to do. However, they are not professionally done, professionally made, and not very attractive. Somebody who is accomplished at woodworking would not be very impressed. Now I know some individuals that are craftsmen. The difference is that I’ve “made” some things, they “formed” some things. They know what to do. They have the tools they need. They have the experience. They cover all the details, and you can tell.
Man has made many things. Man has learned to create many things technologically, physically, and aesthetically. But I will tell you this, man cannot form what God can form. Man has learned to clone animals, but man cannot figure out how to create breath. All that man can do, man cannot create life. God has to give that. God has created that. In fact the Bible says:
* Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Look what Job said when speaking about God:
* Job 12:10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
* Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
Look what David said directly to God Himself in a description of God:
* Psalm 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
Look what Daniel said as he was reprimanding Belshazzar:
* Daniel 5:23 …..and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:
Let me close with this verse as you knew I would. Let’s remember today who has “formed” us.
* Psalm 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.