I AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE:
TO GUARD HIS NAME
Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
There is nothing more precious to God than His name.
* Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
God would never let anything happen that would bring dishonor to His name. If God ever failed to keep one of His promises given in His Word, it would dishonor His name. If God ever failed you, it would hurt His name. You and I are secure in God’s name. We know He will never leave us nor forsake us because His name is at stake, and God will always protect His name.
* Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
That’s right. It is His glory, and no one else’s. God is very possessive of His glory and rightfully so. God will not bless anyone or anything that attempts to take the glory from God.
* Deuteronomy 5:24….Behold, the LORD our God hath shewed us his glory and his greatness
* I Chronicles 16:29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name
You and I need to be very careful to make sure that everything we do, and everything we accomplish, gives the glory to God.
* I Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
You and I are to live, worship, and operate by faith. It does not make sense to some religious people to worship a God that they cannot see. They have to have some man made, physical image to address their worship to. God says that He will not share His praise with some man made, graven image. All these types of images are gods, but there is only one true living God. Very important to God is His “name”, His “glory”, and His “praise”. Why don’t we praise His name today and give Him the glory that He deserves?