BIBLE READING: EPHESIANS 2
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Two of the greatest words in the Bible: “But God”. We had no hope in our sin, “but God” loved us. In this passage, verse four all the way through verse seven is the same sentence. In this passage it gives what God has done for us. Listen to some of these:
* But God….is rich in mercy
* But God …loved us
* But God….quickened us together with Christ
* But God….raised up us together
* But God….made us sit together in heavenly places
* But God….might shew the exceeding riches of His grace
* But God….in His kindness toward us
Then notice verses eight and nine. He moves from “but God” to “by grace”:
* By grace are Ye saved
* By grace…not of yourselves
* By grace…it is the gift of God
* By grace…not of works
* By grace…lest any man should boast
Everything good in our life is because of God, and His grace. Let’s not forget that today as we begin a new week. As soon as you think there is no hope in any situation remember, “but God “. If you ever think that you’ve blown it and that God would not forgive you or use you, remember, “by grace “. Take that devil!