I AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE:
TO POUR OUT A BLESSING
Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Remember the “if and then” principle. Here it is again. God says if we do what He tells us, then He has made a promise. God says if we will be faithful to give into God’s storehouse, then God will pour blessings on our house. There are some really good principles given in this verse. I don’t know about you but I want to make sure I live in a way that can allow God to bless my life to the greatest degree. Let’s look at a few things in this verse.
1) Notice God says to “bring” the tithes to the storehouse. That means it is important for us to be present in God’s house, and when we are there to be faithful to bring To God what He deserves.
2) Notice God says “all” the tithes. Giving to God is one thing but God expects for us to give all that He deserves. The first fruits are what He has asked for. Not the leftovers.
3) Notice God says “mine house”. Each of us should understand that the church does not belong to us, and the church is not controlled by us. We are to operate the church according to Biblical principles, and there are leadership positions that God has ordained in His Word for a church to structure itself after. But this is God’s house, not ours.
4) Notice God says “meat” in His house. So we do not have to be vegetarians. I just had to throw that in there.
5) Notice that God is so serious about this promise that He has issued a challenge for us to prove Him on this one. This means that God knows how important this is for us. This challenge should be motivation to make us do this. God knows if we do, that we will immediately realize how wonderful it is to experience the blessings of God. He also says “prove me now”. Don’t hesitate, don’t think about it, just do it immediately. You don’t want to go another day or take another step without honoring God with the first fruits of your income so that He can pour out blessings upon you.
6) Notice that God said that He would open the windows of Heaven. Can you imagine the resources that God is speaking of here. I mean we are talking about heaven. A place that is beyond our wildest imagination or comprehension. God is going to open the window to every resource That Heaven has to offer in order to pour blessings upon us. Being faithful to give to the Lord opens heaven to us. WOW!
7) Notice that God says that He would pour “you” out a blessing. It is personal. The “windows of heaven” tells us that there is plenty, but the word “you” tells us that it is personal. God has something special set aside for you. That means God keeps track of what each of us does and gives, to and for Him. And God rewards and blesses each of us accordingly.
8) Finally, God says that the blessings that He will pour out are so great that we will not even have enough room to hold it. That means it is beyond our capacity. It is bigger than us. God blessings cannot be stored in a barn, invested in a bank account, or park in a garage. Gods blessings are things that we cannot explain, we cannot list, and we cannot wrap our minds around it. It is just too much for us. Our lives and our minds are just not enough room to receive it. Do me a favor today and just think about that statement.
I am persuaded that He is able to pour out a blessing to me!