April 24, 2018
I AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE:
TO BIND OUR WOUNDS
PSALM 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
As we have discussed in the past, it is a wonderful promise that God can heal a broken heart. Hearts do not brake like other things do. Hearts break but keep working. Hearts are fractured but keep feeling. Hearts are shattered, but the pieces are still in place. When a person brakes an arm, people notice. If they break a foot, a shoulder, or a hip, it is visible. But a heart can break, and no one might notice. There are broken hearts in church every Sunday morning that most people there would never notice. God does, however, and God can heal those broken hearts.
Sometimes, however, hearts that were broken and even healed by God can leave deep seeded wounds. Just because the heart is healed, doesn’t mean the mind is. I counsel all the time with people facing lasting, nagging issues, from things done to them years ago. God says that He can “bind up their wounds”. THIS WORD “binding” means to wrap or mend. Think about that statement:
1. The wound first needs to be cleaned and free from infection
* This means the PURE NATURE OF GOD
2. The wound needs to be wrapped in protectant material to prevent outside infection from coming in
* This means the PROTECTIVE NATURE OF GOD
3. Wounds do not heal overnight. It takes time.
* This means the PATIENT NATURE OF GOD
4. Certain activities must be avoided not to agitate the wound
* This means the PRUDENT NATURE OF GOD
5. Healing a heart, and binding wounds that will take a while to heal is a sign of
someone that greatly cares
* This means the PATERNAL NATURE OF GOD
GOD LOVES US. THAT IS WHY HE HAS PROMISED TO HEAL OUR BROKEN HEARTS AND TO BIND UP OUR WOUNDS. HE IS OUR FATHER. THAT IS WHY IT IS PERSONAL WITH GOD. HE WILL NOT ALWAYS STOP US FROM BEING WOUNDED, BUT NO ONE CAN STOP HIM FROM HEALING THE WOUNDS.